Sunday, January 15, 2006

Monsieur Cat

Presenting to you...Monsieur Cat from Lucinda Guy's Handkints for Kids book.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Naturespun 100% wool. I used roving to stuff him rather than synthetic stuffing -- I find roving is not as lumpy.

This was really a fun and easy knit. And I think it looks pretty cute! Here is the book in case anyone is interested:

I really like this book. The projects are well explained, the designs are all REALLY cute and the book contains about an equal number of items for boys and girls (I have found that a lot of the knitting books for babies/kids focus on designs for girls, which is somewhat frustrating if you have a little boy). I can definitely see myself making many of the projects in this book.

All the yarns listed in the book are Rowan yarns (I believe Rowan publishes the book, actually). However, finding substitutes should not be that difficult.

The owner of my LYS wants to make Monsieur Cat with bulky yarn on huge needles, so he would come out gigantic. I think that would be very cute!

Oh, and this seems like a wonderful idea -- I don't think I'll be able to make the deadline for this round, but I certainly would like to participate next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home